Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pee Wee Olympics

Ah yes the gathering of the worlds most elite sports people... The Olympic Games as we know them today have a long history that dates back to Antiquity... That's a lot of history people...

After being delayed twice, due to possible inclement weather, the 2009 Pee Wee Olympics finally took place... Twenty young Olympians had trained all of one month for this special day... Only nineteen of them got to compete; seeing as how during the pre-game "TESTING" one of the Olympians was found to be hopped up on extra energy...
(okay really one child was transferred out of school the week before)

Friday, 22 of May 2009, four teams took to the grassy fields looking for their chance at glory... My money err eyes were on Team 2... Specifically the youngest Olympian there known as Wee Man...


Perhaps it was the way he held his home town flag... the sparkle in his eye... the spring in his step... or may be it's just because I'm his mom... Either way, Wee Man was made for the Olympics... (I mean it's almost named after him hehee)

I also knew the hours and hours of training Wee Man had put in... In fact, I got a chance to talk to his coach...


Me: What kind of training regiment do you have him on?

Coach Lil Kiwi: In all honesty, I'm running him into the ground. He's too young and thinks he has all the answers. Well, he doesn't.

Me: Okay... Well, what are your thoughts on him finishing with a medal this year?

Coach Lil Kiwi: Medal? They don't get no stinking medals... What rock did you crawl out of? *giving me the one eyebrow raised look*

Me: I err well I just hmm *glup* I think I hear my phone ringing.. Thanks for your time...

Don't let the Coach's attitude get to you... She is just busy teething and will snap at anything that gets near her... Coach Lil Kiwi actually had Wee Man training day and night...

Throwing the medicine ball around... Push ups... the sawhorse... sprints... there was even talk that she made him write in chalk for hours... Oh the horror...

In between his workouts I was able to chat with Wee Man...

Me: So cutie, how's the training going?

Wee Man: How many times I have told you it's Wee Man... Mom please you are embarrassing me..

Me: Okay... What is the most important thing you have learned during your training for the Pee Wee Olympics?

Wee Man: Don't play in the backyard after the dogs have gone to the bathroom...

Well, there you have it... He's ready... Weeks of training... Hours of sweat... and now he is as focused as he is going to get... You can tell he will never take his eye off the ball...



The question now is if all that training paid off during the 2009 Pee Wee Olympics... Find out later how Wee Man did....

0 comments:

Post a Comment