Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Monday, July 27, 2009

The beginnings of a Soccer Mom

This weekend was quite a busy one for the Shenanigans household... Many of you don't know this but after a LOT (and I mean a lot of thinking and planning) we finally decided to get a Minivan... There is a big chance that the dealership hated us because we got it under invoice price and they didn't really make any money from us... If I am spending money on something I want to make sure I like it and am getting as much for my money as possible... Thus, we decided to go (gulp) new.... Not that I didn't try to find a used one but it's a rare thing to find a good used minivan that isn't already 8 years old and tons of miles on it... Of course, I understand why that is because I do not plan on getting rid of this minivan until it is on it's last leg...
Normally, this is the part where I would be showering you with photographs of the beautiful thing that is making me redo the budget..
(It's been nice not having a car payment for years).. However, this is how the weekend looked...

Friday was all about heavy downpour and kept us from getting the garage cleaned out to fit the minivan inside... Saturday, DH went down to pick up the minivan and we did some light cleaning of the garage before the storm hit.... All I could do was think DANG they just waxed it... Sunday, we spent cleaning the garage out as much as possible and wanting to yell at reminding the neighborhood hoodlums kids (ages 2,3,5,8) that always destroy behave so much like perfect angels to stay the &*$% away from the minivan... Good times... Good times...
That left us with a minivan still sitting in the driveway and about half a garage full of stuff... I'm hoping that this week we will get that stuff organized and make room for the minivan... Dropped a whole bunch of new items and items we haven't used off at the Goodwill store down the street... That's what happens when you move from 1600 sq ft to 800 sq ft....
Anyway.....
Wee Man heard me make a comment about being a Soccer Mom now... So, all weekend this is what he has been saying...
"I'm a Soccer Boy now.... I am a soccer Boooooy"


Don't forget tomorrow is the last day to enter for the Online Poster Printing Giveaway of a 16x20" Rolled Canvas Print.....

5 comments:

  1. Soccer Mom...and now your son is a soccer boy! Too funny...yeah, that mini-van will do it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the minivan! I imagine we'll be getting one of those some day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on entering the wonderful world of minivan moms! I don't know how I would be able to get around without mine. I hope the weather for you improves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooo not a minivan! I refuse to get one. I don't care if my next pregnancy produces triplets or whatever. I just won't do it. I also don't do soccer. Swimming, yes but not soccer. *more stubborn than a toddler* :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! So happy I won the contest. :) Thanks for the opportunity! You'll LOVE being a mini-van mom. I have my second one now, and I don't know if I'll ever go back! I see old people driving them, and I used to think, why are they driving a mini-van? I get it now. Once you go mini-van, you never go back! ha! Enjoy!! Is it red??

    ReplyDelete