Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween present (part II)

This year Wee Man wanted to be the pirate he wanted to be last year... Visit Halloween part I for the reason why he didn't get to...

Great one costume out of the way... For Lil Kiwi I wanted to do something fun and special because once again last year was a bummer...

I made a tutu for her that was black, purple, and red..... Got some super sweet bat/demon wings custom made for her (I made wings for her last year and did not want to do that again plus she didn't get to wear them)... hunted for the black shirt and pants for weeks... and to top it off we found some really cute horns just her size....

Then it decided to be yucky and rainy on Halloween... Well... POO...

So, I ran around trying to find a costume from other things in the house... I even called my mother....

"Mom.. I need ideas... help... rain... yada yada...."  a whining pleading me

"Sweetie... how about you just dress her in something cute and just relax..." Mom, the voice of reason

"Mom... but last Halloween... need to make it up to them...." a stressed crazed me whimpers

"Don't worry..." Mom, that voice of reason again..

"Okay you're right.. Ooo I know what she can wear..." (hangs up on mom)

Yeah that was pretty much how it went.... More or umm less...

See, she was right..... Only I could not just put her in anything... Thankfully, a few days earlier I had received a package in the mail from Happy Panda .... Without knowing it Pamela saved Lil Kiwi's Halloween.... I'm so going to have to post about how much I love her clothing line... Later of course.....

So, we head out and it's sprinkling.... Hit up two neighbors for candy... As we are walking to the next place ,which isn't close because no one lives around here, it starts to rain... We head home and decide to drive to a real neighborhood for some quick and easy trick or treating.... Forty minutes later... two hungry kids.... one hungry mommy... we find a neighborhood that looks promising...

Out of the car... around the corner.... up the driveway of the first house... BAM the sky opened up and rain poured.... Grab candy... and head to the car... BAM the rain slowed.... a little..... I tell DH and Wee Man to run to the last three houses and that Lil Kiwi and I will sit in the car...

They return soaking wet but happy... Then I made them return to the last house so I could take a picture of Wee Man with the Candy Givers.... Finally, we headed home after a stop for food...

So..... here are the photographs of the kids this Halloween...


 
He loved getting his face all scary... hehee He also kept touching it so I had to keep redoing it...
 
Lil Kiwi in her rockin' outfit.... refusing to take a picture
 
Wee Man telling her how much mommy really wanted a picture of them...
 
Lil Kiwi finally looks at the camera and (bangs head) Wee Man wouldn't... ARGGGG

He was the scary pirate he had been asking for since last year.... and I think Lil Kiwi looked dang adorable in her Happy Panda shirt...

Here's to a better Halloween next year....

5 comments:

  1. Great work making Lil Man's face look scary! And Lil Kiwi is absolutely adorable.

    Hope you have a fun, rain and sickness Halloween next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on Lil' Man's costume and makeup. Lil' Kiwi looks so precious. I love the second to last photo. Even though Lil' Man's makeup looks scary, she is looking at him so adoringly. It's sweet. I love how his little hand is on hers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it all turned out just perfectly! His makeup was awesome, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, he DOES look scary! Good job mom! Lil Kiwi looks ADORABLE, even with the skull on her shirt (Not a fan of skulls... Ugh). =) Glad it turned out OK, and I think the pictures are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you need a day off and to your self. Hope you get feeling better and the kids look really cute.

    ReplyDelete