Format: MASS MARKET
Edition: Forever Special Release
Publish Date: 1/1/2010
Size: 4-3/16" x 6-3/4"
DANGER NEVER RESTS
The night was always Abby Whitman’s enemy. As a young girl she walked in her sleep, and one night, started a fire that scarred her sister for life and left Abby with unbearable guilt, and a loneliness that echoes within her
AND EVIL NEVER CLOSES ITS EYES
Now Abby has begun blacking out again—with apparently fatal results. A car accident has killed the son of a prominent family. Even though the evidence seems to exonerate her, Abby is plagued by doubts—and soon by mysterious threats. A young psychiatrist, Dr. Jason Coble, is intrigued by Abby and offers to help her explore the dark recesses in her mind. Through this terrifying journey, Jason’s interest turns to passion, and he yearns to give her the love she craves. But first, Abby must trust him—and shed light on secrets that will rock this Southern town and reveal a danger that threatens them both.
Honestly, just from the synopsis I was hooked. Murder... mystery... mayhem.... and romance... I love a good mystery and usually figure them out way before you are suppose to; however, I found myself second guessing myself until right before all is revealed. Sleep No More was a good read and I found it difficult to put down. Also refreshing was that the relationship between Abby and Jason was a romance and not just all sex and lust.
I'm finding it difficult to write a better review without giving away to much of the story. This is more to this book than just the story of Abby and Jason giving you more to think about and making the characters more real. Yet, all the character stories fit nicely together without leaving you wondering why the author put that in the book.
For the most part I really enjoyed Sleep No More and would look into buying some of Susan Crandall other books. I've heard that her book Pitch Black is wonderful.
Here are a few Fun Facts...
- Susan has always had a deep seated fear of being stuck in a car submerged in water at night. She tapped into that fear when she wrote the accident scene in SLEEP NO MORE. To top it off, she set it in an ultra-creepy South Carolina Lowcountry swamp. This one kept her awake at night.
- During her young childhood years, Susan’s daughter was a sleepwalker. Luckily there was an alarm on the house, and she never made it outdoors.
- This book met its deadline even though during the last writing weeks Susan was battling a stomach virus. Therefore her “snack of the book” (see book pages on http://www.susancrandall.net/ for each book’s deadline snack) was box after box of mini-saltines.
- Susan’s son is also a fiction writer. His first novel is almost finished.
- Susan had some misconceptions about sleepwalking when she started developing this book. One of the main points she had wrong required her to totally adjust her plan for this story. Originally she’d intended to have Abby begin to recall scraps of memory as she worked with Dr. Jason Coble. As it turns out, sleepwalkers do not recall anything they do while sleepwalking. Research showed her the error of her ways.
Prize: Five readers will win a copy of Sleep No More by Susan Crandall
To Enter: Mandatory Entry (one time only): Leave a comment telling me if you have ever had any sleepwalking experiences/fears of the night OR recommend a book...... If this rule is not followed your entry will be deleted or removed from consideration.
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each one) :
- Follow WeeShenanigans (+2 entries)
- Blog about this giveaway linking back to Weeshenanigans (leave url/link in your comment) (+2 entries)
- Follow Weeshenanigans on Twitter
- Can tweet daily by copy and pasting: Win a #giveaway copy of Sleep No More by @SusanCrandall @weeshenanigans http://tinyurl.com/yj2rgoo
- Grab my Shamrock button
The Winners will be emailed on Tuesday February 16... So, please make sure your blogger profile has your current email address OR leave a valid email in your posted comment. (ie. weeshenanigans (at) gmail (dot) com) The winners will have 48 hours to reply or new winners will be drawn.
Please note that Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment.
Good Luck to everyone
*Disclosure: I received the same item being given away from the company for hosting this giveaway. Product for this review/giveaway was supplied to me by the company or pr representing the company for the sole purpose of reviewing and/or giving away. No monetary compensation was provided for this post. All opinions in this post are that of myself and do not represent the views of the company. Reception of product does not influence my views on the product and I will always give an honest candid review of product received.