Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Need positive thoughts and why is the roof flying off

So much to post about and so little time. Honestly this past week flew by in the blink of an eye or at least part of it did. The first few days seemed to take forever because Wee Man got out early Friday and then had Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday OFF!!! It was another important the teachers have something they have to do so give all the kids the week off..... Yeah they have a lot of them here. In fact, they have holidays off and three day weekends that I have never heard of before. Of course, that also means that summer time is only one month long before school starts again but I digress....

Yesterday part of the roof flew off. We had some horrid wind for the better part of the day. So, yesterday morning it was rainy, windy and all around yucky... Things were flying around the porch from the wind and then the wind-chime fell down and shattered. When it eased up I looked at the front lawn and there were a few of the shingles from the roof. I'm hoping there are not going to be leaks before we fix it because the forecast for the week is rain and snow.. Yippee...

Moving along...

I have a ton to write about but right now I wanted to ask for some positive thoughts from everyone. A few months ago I posted about how DH's cousin had a baby girl that also has some medical issues and was going to need a few surgeries. We knew the time for her surgeries were coming up but didn't realize that the first was taking place this week. I'm not sure which day since I got the information via DH who got it from FIL (and you know how third hand information is) however, I know it is sometime this week.

CutiePie is just shy of seven months old and going in for her first surgery of several. It's serious stuff.... If I remember correctly (and FIL if I am wrong please let me know) CutiePie has Craniosynostosis. Craniosynostosis is a congenital (present at birth) defect that causes one or more sutures on a baby's head to close earlier than normal.

To have this surgery CutiePie and her family are having to drive from one major city to the next one which is about four hours away. This means that they will be away from the comforts of home (having to staying in hotels) and away from the rest of the family. Something like this is always difficult but I can not imagine how hard it must be for all of them right now.

It is not my place to go into details about CutiePie's surgery (not that I have them anyway) but I wanted to ask if everyone could send some positive thoughts or prayers her way. Such a sweet thing should not have to endure what she is going to be.

To the rest of the Shenanigans family and CutiePie,

You will be in our thoughts and hearts this week. Be strong and know that you are loved.

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

The Shenanigans....

7 comments:

  1. CutiePie and her family definitely have our thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sending positive thoughts/prayers to CutiePie!!!

    BTW... Did you know your blog's name was in a parenting magazine? I don't remember now if it was Parents or Parenting, but there was a story about mom blogs and "Wee Shenanigans" was one of the ones on the title page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we lost some shingles too. Wind has been horrible here. I am praying for Cutie Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part if your roof fell off!? YIKES.

    I am praying and sending positive thoughts for CutiePie for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to CutiPie. Hopefully everything will turn out alright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will absolutely pray for her and her family!
    Losing part of the roof is never good... Hopefully all will be ok with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the prayers for Lil Kiwi worked, so we'll crank 'em up again for CutiePie...

    ReplyDelete