Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Monday, March 16, 2009

From the mouth of babes

DH and I try to watch the words that come out of our mouth but to be honest sometimes words sneak out that are not meant for young ears to hear... Fortunately, Wee Man has not picked up any of those R-rated words.....yet....

However, sometimes it is like the old TV show "Kids say the Darndest Things" with Bill Cosby... Wee Man didn't start talking until he was just over three and a half years old... We had him tested and all that fun stuff and he is in speech therapy to help out... Well, let's just say that missing a key letter in a word changes the whole meaning of an innocent sentence and puts your mind in the gutter....

Case in point ONE

"mmm... My head hurts..." places hand on head trying not to think about my headache...

Wee Man asks "Can I feel your head?"

"Sure" takes hand away....

Wee Man says "I think you have a Beaver mom"



Case in point TWO

"MOOOOOMMMmmmm I can't find my cox" Wee Man talking down the hallway..

"HHHMMM excuse me your what?" trying to hear over everything

"MOM I SAID I CAN'T FIND MY COX!!! MY COX!!!" Wee Man now yelling at full
SuperWeeMan strength..

I blink repeatedly hoping what I heard is not what I heard...

"Found it..... My cox was under my pants..." Wee Man states while putting on his socks...



Case in point THREE

Perhaps this one needs a tad more explaining... While potty training the only way to get Wee Man to remember to use toilet paper was to say "Don't forget to Det Det"... I don't know why but those were the only words that got through to him.... Only apparently he thinks Det Det refers to a certain male body part!!! So keep in mind this when reading the next sentences..

There we are in the tiny bathroom giving Lil Kiwi a bath... Wee Man walks in and starts talking to me... He informs me that he needs to go pee and I tell him to just hold on a minute so I can get his sister out of the tub....

"I like my Det Det in the cunt..." Wee Man says with a smile...

I rush out of the bathroom with Lil Kiwi trying not to laugh... Still standing in the bathroom is Wee Man and DH.... From the bedroom I can hear over my laughter that phrase being repeated over and over again... Getting louder each time because he thinks it's funny because I'm laughing so hard...

I really tried to figure out how to say that sentence without that spelling of the word but alas I couldn't think of one... He was trying to say Front...


I will apologize now if I offended anyone however if you have kids you understand... Did anyone guess what letters we are working on??? OH and have you ever realized how many times the word FRONT is used in a day.... Thankfully only a few times has he said anything in public that was "bad"...

Wee Man loves reading "Fox in Socks" and to be honest it's quite an experience to read it with him....

What's so hard is he isn't saying a "bad" word.... it's just coming out that way.... Thus, we can't tell him it's a bad word but only that he said it wrong and try again to say it correctly.... There have been several other "Kids say the Darndest things" moments and I hope I can look back years from now and remember them...

BTW.... my
anniversary giveaway ends March 17th at midnight... That's only two more days for you to give me your advice on my blog and get a chance at winning a prize....

1 comment:

  1. These are cute stories. Wait until you tell them to his bride-to-be in about 20 years. :)

    ReplyDelete