Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Frozen but Alive

WOW... What can I say about the winter storm we just got SLAMMED by... It is so white outside that it burns your eyes just to look out the windows... Everything is covered... At one point we looked outside and there were no streets... In our neighborhood we still do not have streets but more like tire tracks you follow....

I even fell off the sidewalk while trying to get to the mailbox down the street... So much deceiving white snow you couldn't tell where anything use to be... Good thing I had the footprints to follow on the way back or I most likely would have missed that step again... BAH that reminds me I need to go get the mail... oooo it's cold out since it is already 10:30 and we should be breaking records with the low tonight... The old record is 5 .....Brrrr

On the upside, the dogs had a blast running around and playing in the snow... Every chance they had they wanted outside... In fact, Fawn Dog was so happy that she took off without her coat the first time... No need to worry she waited for it every other time... Posting pictures tomorrow of the fun times the dogs had...

Wee Man even got to enjoy the snow for 20 minutes... I know he has been sick but how could I keep him from playing in the snow... We never get snow here even though all the areas around us do... It really is like we are in our own little world in this town... The town next to us can get inches of snow but us nothing.. So, when we had snow falling I could not keep my child from that joy... Besides, who knows if we will live somewhere that snow next year or the years after...

Okay.... I'm off to brave the cold just to see how much junk mail I got....

Here is some footage of the dogs playing in the snow... You can tell Little Dog loves the snow... Black Dog has the whole been there done that attitude... Fawn Dog had already gone inside to warm up as this was taken when she didn't have her coat on...


0 comments:

Post a Comment