Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Heck must have froze over

Someone please help me up... I must have fainted when I saw the newspaper on my front lawn!

YES that was me.... the lady in PJ bottoms..... a tanktop..... and socks in freezing weather jumping up and down for the whole neighborhood to see....

As most of you know, for two years now it is almost a Saturday ritual of checking for the lack of paper on the lawn and then a 15 minute phone call to only be told "Sorry and we will have that out to you within 30 mins"... Then 30 HOURS later on Sunday the beloved sales ads and coupons are delivered....

Then the amazing day continued. Hard to believe I know but when I let Little dog out of his kennel is was..... DRY

Sorry I fainted again.... Then he went pee and poo!!!!!

Of course, I should have known something was going to go wrong... DH the lovely man that he is... Took the all the dogs out for potty time... Now let us remember the snow....ice... snow... ice.... the backyard is half icerink half frozen ground....

However, he encouraged the dogs to play... Poor Fawn dog is not a breed that was made for cold or ice... She can out run a truck but put her on ice and it's not a pretty sight... So, I heard a THUD that did not sound like the normal artillery we hear (that's for another post)... I jump up and see all the dogs and DH coming to the patio door... Hmmmm

He waves and starts telling me I missed Fawn dog run, slip, slide and etc... At this point he starts brushing the snow off Fawn dog and comes back with a bloody hand.... Yes, poor Fawn dog is now cut and bruised on her left side... Good thing I keep my vetwrap by the patio door... I cleaned her up and wrapped her leg... put her warm coat on to cover the other boo boos... a few extra treats and loving.... but she doesn't look too happy with DH...




It's now midnight and I'm sitting here posting because the day was full of more chaos and Lil Kiwi is still up... She is having a horrid time getting to sleep lately... Which means I don't sleep... Somehow DH sleeps through it all...

0 comments:

Post a Comment