Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Worlds Worst Parent

Or at least that is how I felt today... Here's my Worst Parent ever Story...

Wee Man was healthy enough and went to school some this week... Well, a few weeks ago we had to put together a Dinosaur for his school project... Yes Pre-K has homework every weekend and projects (of course the catch is that the projects are more for the parents)...

So, we get informed that Friday they are having the Dinosaur Museum of all the dinos the parents kids put together... I could not go because Lil Kiwi is still blowing snot bubbles and well I have fallen even further into the nasty buggies grasp... DH could not go because hmmm lets see I would love to tell all the lovely words I have for his job/boss/bosses/etc but I'm not because I don't want him in trouble...

I explained to Wee Man how much we really wanted to be there but we couldn't... He gave me some puppy dog eyes but said he understood...

There I stood in the freezing cold wind... Honestly, it was in the TEENS today BRRrrrrrr.... Watching my breath freeze mid-air, I wondered how things went at school... Then I saw it... a long yellow blur between the trees... The doors opened and Wee Man jumped down... I asked how school was and told him again how sorry we were that we couldn't be there... *hangs head in shame* The following are his words....

"ooo Volcano erupted... and digging and (didn't get what he said) and then on the bus it was only me and (didn't catch name) because everyone else went home with their parents..."

Yes... That THUD you heard at 1140 was my chin hitting the sidewalk...

I swear at that moment I was cursing myself... It felt like I had failed my son.... Text DH and told him the horrid horrid news....

"Holy Frozen Bat Balls.. We were the ONLY parents not there!! I feel so bad..."

Now, I know that doesn't make me the worst parent ever... Trust me I have had actually worst parent moments... However, this was the first time I have really and I mean really felt like I had let my son down...

On the upside, my sickness is coming in handy... Apparently, the volcano sitting in the kitchen reeks of vinegar but I'm blissfully unaware of it... *sniffle sniffle*

Why yes of course I took a picture of it... He was so proud of it... I'll post a picture of it later today since it's almost 0100 here...

Why am I still up at this time? You mean you can't hear the crys of a sick baby?! Lucky You...

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad you couldn't make it but you had a valid reason. You can't make the other kids get sick. When they are older they are going to be glad we don't go to field trips with them.

    This hardly qualifies you for the worst parent award.

    ReplyDelete