Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Weeee I can stand again....

I'm back on my feet...well sort of...

This past week was a big blur... I went from stuffy nose to full out yuck... Everytime I was able to eat I got sick to my stomach and/or threw up... Lil Kiwi went from stuffy nose to normal fun loving not stop toddler... It was great...

Then on Thursday Wee Man got home from school complaining about his eyes bothering him... One look at him and you knew he was sick.... 102.8 fever... We had a doctor appointment for both kids on Friday so I figure if he isn't better by then I can just make his appointment into a sick call...

Friday morning..... get up and plan on sending Wee Man to school if no fever.... 102.6.... Beautiful.... So, I do all my great mommy super sick tricks to get him feeling as good as possible... Trying to keep the kids apart just in case he has something more than just a cold... Sounds easier than it is....

At about 2 o'clock I take Wee Man's temperature and it was 104.3!!!!!

His appointment was at 3:20 so I start getting them ready to go... We get to their appointments and then sit around and wait.....and wait.... and wait.... and wait.....

Finally, we get called back and they go "103!!! He needs some meds to bring it down why didn't you tell us" hmmm "Actually I did tell the nurse when we came in but she took his temp and said he didn't need it"... So, of course, then the two of them chat back and forth about it yada yada yada... He finally gets some tylenol and then back to the waiting room..

Get in to see the doctor and discuss Lil Kiwi first... This appointment was just for a weight check so there wasn't much to talk about... She didn't lose weight but she is gaining weight slowly so another weight check in about three months...

Wee Man is next.... Talk about his weight first (since his appointment was a weight check also until he got sick)... No gain but no huge loss of weight so another weight check in three months... Oh Joy

It appears that Wee Man has caught a nasty bug.... Just a bug.... So, we went home with the advice of "Keep doing what you are doing because it's working"....

This is now day three and Wee Man is doing fine.... Still a small fever but that's it.... He is back to refusing to eat so he must be fine....

That's it for now.... Will try and post about Lil Kiwi's appointment with the Orthopedic doctor later today... If I get another chance at the computer...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better, but big bummer for Wee-man! =( Hopefully he'll be all better soon and Lil Kiwi will escape it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew! sounds hectic but at least things are looking up! hope everyone is all better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love when the kids are sick. My four year old daughter who was just under two at the time ran fever of 102-104 for five-six days straight! It was a very scary situation for us but it ended up being just a nasty bug like your son. Of course the doctor said there is not much to do but let it run it course...easy for her to say. I empathize you for your situation. All will get better.

    cgomez204@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamper myself? That's easy. I just sit down at the piano, and let my fingers glide over the keys. That is SO relaxing to me.

    May Schultz
    may041827@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete