Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Part II of.... What was I doing

During those weeks other events that kept me busy were....

Fawn Dog... Yep... Sweet innocent Fawn Dog... I let the dogs out for morning potty time and let them back in a few minutes later... Now, normally I would check feet for dirt and stuff but I was distracted by the kids... Fast forward a few minutes to when DH came in the front door and asked why the house looked like a murder scene...

HUH? Murder scene what was he talking ab.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOODNESS

As I turned around I see blood everywhere.... a trail of blood and puddles of blood from the back room all the way through the kitchen and into the living room.... I knew it was only one person errr dog that could have done it... Standing not five feet away is Fawn Dog with blood pooling around her foot...

It's a good thing DH and I are in the animal husbandry field because we went straight to work... Apparently something punctured her foot between the skin and toepad when she was outside... Since DH couldn't find vetwrap in the first medical bag we did the next best thing...

Quick military bandage....


Then I jumped up and got the second bag out and found the vetwrap... Yes we have more than one medical bag kit for the dogs... and when I say bag I mean duffel bag sized...

and here is the vetwrap bandage...


Fawn Dog was happy to relax and spend the rest of the day laying in the middle of the living room... However, every trip outside required some bandage protection since it was wet and rainy....

Awww yes the rain... there was just a little of that... It's actually funny because it started raining the day Grandma Shenanigans passed and for several days after that.... and then again the next week.... It has rained a lot here this year and we far surpassed the annual rain fall only months into the year...




and what does one do when it's raining.... COOK... I will write up the recipes and post them in the next few days... I made pumpkin pie.... pumpkin bread.... pumpkin muffins.... and I mean not just one or two.... There were two big pies... two mini kid pies... five loaves of bread... and about 3 1/2 dozen muffins...


7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you knew how to take care of Fawn Dog's foot. Your kids look very ute in their rain gear =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor fawn dog! Lucky for her you knew what to do!
    Wee Man looks thrilled to be in the rain with an umbrella! Such an adorable smile! And Lil Kiwi looks adorable in her rain jacket and hat! Is she wearing pink crocs in the rain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your poor pup! That's so sad! You did such a good job wrapping it up!

    The kids don't seem to mind the rain at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy.....pumpkin.
    Just thought I would tell you that the word for verification was mater. I just thought that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor dog, I'm so glad you were ableto help her so quickly. The food sounds so yummy--I love most things pumpkin except pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no! i hope fawn dog is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor doggy! Thank gosh you two knew how to handle that. We have pet medical kits too. We haven't had to use them often, but when our babies are hurt they sure do come in handy.

    Love the pictures of your adorable kiddos!

    ReplyDelete