Home cast blarney photo recipes Contact

Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Storm aka "Blizzard of 09"

The East Coast was slammed by a blizzard... Yep it's even been called "Blizzard of 09"... Records are being made for snow fall on the East Coast... However, while it was one whole day of some crazy snow and wind it wasn't the worst I have seen or been in... I was in Washinton State one year and let me tell you they have snow and blizzards...

Not that I am saying 2 feet of snow in one day is anything to scoff at.... Last year we got two days of snow total and maybe 4-5 inches if that...

These photos were taken just hours into the snow....







This is what things looked like right before bedtime...



Will post more pictures later...

10 comments:

  1. We got hit with it too. Love all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! we've gotten hardly anything... maybe 2 inches last weekend! BORING! lol i want to go sledding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much snow! It kind of fizzled by the time it got up to NH but we still got a few inches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we didn't get any of it here in maine!! not from this storm anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got less than two feet, but it was still enough to shut most everything down. Looks like you got some serious snow drifts there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...we just aren't used to this kind of snow...can you believe Wal Mart was still open in VA?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! It's beautiful, but I'm sure it was quite a mess. I don't like to be cold, so I'd hate it. But man, it sure is pretty!
    Hope you made it through alright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DH and I were in NYC this past weekend for the "Blizzard of '09". That was some crazy snow, especially for a Florida girl like me! I posted pics of the snow for my WW post.

    ReplyDelete